Re: Hard drive cases/connectors

> Well, the case is trivial - just epoxy some pieces of plastic together.
> The cable is the problem - it isn't the normal ribbon type cable.  It looks
> like metal etched onto a flexible plastic backing.  The widths of the plugs
> on either end are different so the cable compresses the wires into a smaller
> width at one end.

It's a flex pwb.  I don't have time to deal with this, but someone with
pwb software could layout that cable in a few hours. Getting together a
group purchase shouldn't be that hard. The connector on the thinkpad
should be possible to obtain. Why doesn't someone post on the compuserve
forum and see if one of the product engineers will give out the part
number.

Otherwise look in a Digikey catalog, for example.

--
Scott A. Stratmoen | strat@ast.dsd.northrop.com