Re: OS/2 Warp

> I've decided to give Warp a try on my TP and would appreciate
> some advice regarding which media to buy, 3.5" disks or CD-ROM.
>
> If I go CD-ROM, I'll need to use the CD-ROM drive installed in my
> desktop machine in conjuction with Interlink/Laplink or something
> similar.  While I'm pretty sure I know the answer already (NO!),
> I'm gonna ask anyway:
>
> 		Has anyone tried this/does it work?

I doubt it. OS/2 can only be installed from diskette or CD-ROM. There
are no provisions for piping data to the install process. The best
solution is to buy a Dock-I and attach a SCSI CD-ROM drive.

One word of advice should you go the diskette route - I would buy
the CD-ROM and use the supplied diskette images to create your
laptop install diskettes. Tools are included for creating diskettes
using DOS or OS/2. That way at least you'll have a CD-ROM for desktop
install should you decide to take the plunge there.

--Bruce