Re: Hard drive cases/connectors

> John Kim wrote:
>
> >Say, since you've overflowing with all this info on the TP drives, do you
> >know where we can buy a case for it, or where we can buy the funky little
> >connector inside the case?  (Actually, I've tracked down the plug at the
> >drive end, it's just the cable and the TP plug I need)
>
> Does this mean if we got hold of the TP-end plug we could connect up a drive
> *without* the case?  Presumably the cable itself is trivial, just normal
> ribbon stuff -- all that's needed is the plugs at either end.  I know it's
> not a clean tidy solution having a naked drive rattling around inside your
> portable,

	Aw, heck--a little duct tape would take care of *that* problem.  :)

	Or you could even sort of make your *own* "case" and stick it in
their somehow (duct tape, again?).

	SO--can this cable be created and the case thing ignored?

> but I for one would tolerate it for the sake of hundreds of
> dollars of savings on a drive expansion.

> Tim

Randy Whittle    whittle@chaph.usc.edu         |  Some guy hit my fender the  |
USC School of Business (Fight on, 'SC Trojans!)|other day, and I said unto him|
  (My opinions are mine, but since I'm         |  "Be fruitful and multiply." |
    right, they should be yours too.)          |   --but not in those words.  |