Hard drive on the EPP

>You're missing the point.  If you have a hard disk drive with a reasonably
>fast throughput you are an order of magnitude faster than the bandwidth of
>the parallel port on the ThinkPad.  The acess (average seek) time of the
>drive has nothing to do with any of this.  Basically you are going to have
>a drive which is sitting around waiting for it's data to be transferred over
>a very small bottleneck.

I understand the concept of thoroughput.  I guess I'm wondering
whether or not that's the real issue here.  I don't know how often
you are using contiguous files that are large enough to notice a big
difference in thoroughput.

Now, while I agree that EPP isn't the best way, I do think it's not
bad, especially if you are intelligent about the way you store
data.
---
Sean Chou / schou@uiuc.edu / CompuServe 73672,2111