Re: Disks for 75x's

> > Does anyone know which disk controller chips the 750 and 755 use?
> >

> When I boot from my Linux install bootdisk, it reports :
>
>   "FDC 0 is a post-1991 82077"
>
> Means nothing to me, though.  It's just a shame that I can't get the boot
> kernel to load the root disk -- I get a floppy I/O error.

That's either because the thinkpad has a different floppy drive type than
Linux is used to, or because the thinkpad floppy's disk change line has the
opposite assertion level than nearly every other PC on the planet.

Both of these problems have been solved, but the bottom line is that the
thinkpad requires a different version of Linux.

Do you know about the Linux-on-a-ThinkPad web page?  It's at:

http://peipa.essex.ac.uk/html/linux-thinkpad.html