Re: sytps113.exe

> Sorry but I missed the initial problem.

> Can someone explain to me exactly where the 360 is supposed to crash?

	Here is the condensed version:

On the TP360 and TP75X series, hibernation while running on AC power
will cause one of the following upon attempting to access any
PCMCIA device during subsequent "wake-up":

a)  PCMCIA device will not be recognized by the system.  Required
    action is to remove/replace the PCMCIA card or restart the
    computer.

b)  System will lock-up hard; i.e., CTRL-ALT-DEL is ineffective
    and the reset button must be pressed in order to recover.

If "wake-up" is initiated while on battery power, system will respond
as described by (a); if initiated while on AC power, system will
respond as described by (b).**

Note that in either case, a restart is required (unless you feel that
it is less trouble to remove/replace the card - I don't!), effectively
defeating the whole purpose of hibernation.

> I've tried to reproduce it and can't.

Note that this will not be reproducible without a PCMCIA device.
Also, others have reported similar problems with the suspend/resume
feature.  Maybe someone more familiar with that problem can help
you, as I don't believe I've encountered it in using only a modem.

   - Karl Yeanoplos			kyeanopl@den.mmc.com
     Martin Marietta Corp.
     Denver, CO.

** There are probably other combinations (such as hibernate on
battery power, wake-up on AC power) that I have not tried which
may produce other results.  These are the reproducible symptoms
that I have discovered courtesy of my 360.
						-key