External keyboards

From: D. Gwyn Jones      Fileshare 2 development, Products Group.
      DGJ at NWB, GBHFFWHF at IBMMAIL, e-mail: dgj@mfltd.co.uk
Subject: External keyboards

I don't have a docking station for my TP755C, but use and external monitor,
keyboard and mouse plugged directly into the TP sockets. As you know, there
isn't actually a socket for an external keyboard, just one for the mouse. You
have to get an adaptor which accepts a keyboard and mouse and plugs into the
external socket itself. I use one of these adaptors and could swear it misses
the odd keystroke. Lets face it - you know if you've glanced a key - you check
the screen instinctively, but every now and then I'll hit a key cleanly and
it doesn't take.

I've tried just sitting there hitting keys to see if one goes missing and can't
reproduce it, but whenever it happens out of the blue it's blindingly obvious.
I'm positive I'm not mistaken. I don't know how the adaptor works in being able
to provide keyboard and mouse events simultaneously through the same input, but
could they be interfering? Has anyone else spotted this who uses and external
keyboard and mouse?

Regards, Gwyn.                  Micro Focus Ltd       Tel. (44) (0)1635 565294
                                26 West Street        Fax. (44) (0)1635 565567
Extension 5294                  Newbury RG13 1JT U.K.

"PROFS MAX. Seen it, done it, doing it next century. Using mail to the MAX."