Re: sytps113.exe

>> 	1.13 hasn't fixed anything relative to system lockup when
>> accessing PCMCIA devices after return from suspend/hibernation (at
>> least not on the TP360).  I was hopeful after reading the above
>> comments, but the problem persists.  When is IBM going to get around
>> to fixing this??

> It is not clear that IBM even considers this as a problem. The user's
> manual for the 750 suggests that what you are seeing is correct
> behavior. The manual is quoted every time this issue comes up.

	I believe the manual for the 360 says that that PCMCIA device
may not be recognized following return from suspend/hibernation. It is
then suggested that the card be removed/replaced to resume normal
operation.

	I'm not sure the manual implies that complete system
lockup is normal behavior, but I have to admit that this issue
isn't directly addressed.  It just seems strange to me that IBM
would consider a system hang as "normal behavior".  In fact, behavior
which requires a reboot after attempting to resume or "un-hibernate"
seems to defeat the purpose of the suspend/hibernate function
altogether.

	I don't know about IBM, but I most definitely do NOT
consider this normal behavior...........

   - Karl Yeanoplos
     Denver, CO.