Re: Vertical Lines on Mono Screen..

On Mon, 26 Sep 1994, Kevin Cheong wrote:

> My TP360 is now a month old and I do get annoying vertical lines on the
> screen, especially when running Windows and apps. Is this inherent/inevitable
> on LCD mono screens or should I get someone form IBM to look at it?
>
> > The screen on my TP750 mono developed a chronic case of vertical lines.
> > I could make them disappear by flipping the screen back and forth, but
> > closing and opening the screen would make them reappear.
> > -John Kim

Some ghosting is inevitable.  You say "especially when running Windows
and apps" so I suspect you're seeing ghosting.  I was seeing solid white
lines on a black screen (bootup) and solid black lines on a white screen
regardless of what the screen was displaying.

You can minimize ghosting by going with a dual-scan LCD, or getting
an active matrix display.