RE: TP75x FAQ points

>>  7.3  Sound emulation.
>>        Why am I getting the error "SYS0047 The system cannot write the
>> AUDIO device"? This is mostly in an OS/2 DOS session.

Most often, it means that another program is using the sound hardware.
Since two programs can't use the same hardware at once, it generates an
error.  The other less likely possibility is that some program didn't clean
up after itself and OS/2 thinks the sound hardware is still being used,
even if it isn't.

>>  4.7  DOOM sound.
>>        How do I get Adlib sounds from DOOM under OS/2? I can't find any
>> Adlib option in DOOM's setup program.

The Adlib card is FM synthesis only, so you only get the Adlib option under
the music setup.  Doom's sound effects try to tweak with the Soundblaster
hardware directly, so you're unlikely to get them to work on a TP750 (which
uses a SB emulator).  I've gotten the music working from an OS/2 DOS box,
but not under straight DOS.
John H. Kim  jokim@mit.edu  jokim@x8.csrd.uiuc.edu  This message sent by NUPop
Cartoon by Mike Luckovich:
Briefer: "Intelligence reports North Korea's new leader is erratic, overweight
          and has a big hairdo.  He wasn't in the military which may lessen
          his sway with the armed forces.  He's obsessed with women ..."
Clinton: "Lemme guess.  He also plays the saxophone ..."