CD-ROM for TP

Hi all,

    Recently, I plan to purchase a CD-ROM driver. But now, it seems
    difficult to make a decision for me. I like the DOCK I, thus it
    will cost me another $599 for a DOUBLE-speed CD-ROM, but expandable
    in future. On the other hand, I could get a NEC-3Xe+PCMCIA SCSI
    for around $700. That's nice to me, too. Anyway, I need some input
    to help me make a decision. Any information will be very
    appreciated! Thanx for your reply in advance:-)

    -yc