Hello everyone!

I'm very glad to hear of this mailing list, especially because I'm
pressed for time trying to find some answers before I leave the country
on dissertation research (with my trusty TP360cs in hand). Actually, my
TP360cs is not here yet, but I nonetheless have one question I hope
someone can help me with. I'm going to buy a 14.4 PCMCIA faxmodem to
access an email account and I'm looking for recommendations (ideally
around $200). The difficulty is that I'm going to be using the modem in
Greece, which is almost entirely without phonejacks of any kind. Any
advice (either on the modem itself or what I'll need to access the
phonelines)?

Thanks in advance for any help. You can email me directly or just post to
the list.

Thomas Malaby  --  malaby@husc.harvard.edu
Department of Anthropology, Harvard University
"The plate of the hunter, the gambler, and the fisherman
is nine times empty and one time full." --Cretan Proverb