TP360 battery.

I apologise (again) for asking TP360 related questions on the 750 group.

I have decided to buy (largely on the recommendations of this group) a
thinkpad 360.  I'm placing the order tomorrow and expect to pick it up in
a couple of weeks.  My question is this:

I have got hold of a copy of IBM Australia's Product Announcement (the
dealer copy) wherein buried is:

"Percentage of remaining power (by hours) appears but duration of
remaining power (by hours) does not appear when 360 NiMH battery pack is
used.  Duration of remaining power (hours) only appears when the ThinkPad
750 NiMH battery pack is used"

Previous replies from this group suggest that the 360 does not monitor
its battery but instead maintains an estimate of power.  With the unit I
will be purchasing a spare battery.  If I order a tp750 battery:
(a) will the software and hardware report accurate power remaining
(b) if so, is this reporting in any way different to the tp750
(c) is there any charge difference between the two batteries?
(d) is IBM's figure of 7-10hours for a mono unit a little white
    lie or an enormous white lie?

Also, what is the consensus on PCDOS 6.3 and it's stacking program?
Would it be safer to install MSDOS 6.2 and Doublespace?

Oh,  and what's IBM's monochrome screen like?  I can't seem to get a demo
unit with mono here.  IS it comparable to the Toshibas?

I'd greatly appreciate anyone's experience or advice.

- Rohan Davidson
  B.Inf.Tech & B.A.Psych undergraduate.