More ATT KIT problems

Well, after weeks of waiting I finally received my replacement
KIT modem from ATT Paradyne. They sent a later version that has
the dual pigtail connectors for standard and cellular lines.
EasyPlay under DOS and OS/2 recognize the modem first thing.
Unfortunately I still can't access the modem.

At first I suspected a PCMCIA problem since we recently had our
system board replaced by IBM. I ruled this out after I got the
modem to work using the ATT supplied DOS drivers. Wierd that it
would only work in slot 1, but it was useable.

This certainly isn't an optimal situation in my mind. I was
happily using the old KIT under DOS/Windows and OS/2 with the
IBM drivers and no intervention at all on my part. Basically
plug and play. So either ATT has changed the modem to render
it incompatible with my version of the IBM drivers or I really
do have some sort of system board problem. Anyone have similar
experiences with the current version of the KIT?

--Bruce