Kudos to IBM Service.

Tuesday night I turned on my 750C and had the unfortunate experience of
seeing a screen fail.  The screen had a black fractal like pattern eminating
from the upper left corner and spreading to the center of the screen. The
whole upper left quadrant of the screen was useless.

At 8:00am Wednesday morning I called the IBM 800 Service number.  Within 10
minutes I was called back by local IBM Service.  Within 2 hours, the machine
was  picked up from my office and taken in for repair.  Early Thursday
morning, the machine was returned to me at my office with a replaced screen.
Everything was covered by warranty.

What impressed me more than the 1 day turn around was that these guys were
apologizing because they couldn't fix it on the spot.  They had to get a
screen brought in from Dallas.

Kudos to IBM Service, and to Chip and Terry of the Austin IBM Service Center!

  Wes Byrne
  Schlumberger Austin Systems Center
  8311 North FM 620 Road
  Austin, TX   78726-1300