3Com Enet & Port Replicator

At 08:39 PM 6/12/94 -0700, Randal Whittle wrote:

>Both using 3Com Etherlink III
>cards, the TP750C using the PCMCIA version on the special promotion you
>mention later in your note.  I presume you have the phone number if you
>called them.  Don't worry about compatibility--it works perfectly (even
>says so on the box!  The TP is one of the "official" computers it has been
>tested with and shown to work).

Well, the 3com PCMCIA board _almost_ works perfectly with
the Thinkpad and the Easyplay drivers.

The only problem is that you must put the card into Slot A or
Slot B, i.e. one of the 2 slots _that is in your Thinkpad_.
In other words, if you have the PCMCIA Port Replicator (like I do),
the 3com board will not work at all in the replicator slots.

I have actually found the person in charge of this at 3com.
The problem is that THEY HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THEIR PORT REPLICATOR
SINCE EARLY APRIL!!  Shheesh!  Supposedly, their vendor says
that the replicators are back-ordered.

Anyone who works at IBM reading this?  Could someone in the IBM
Thinkpad division loan 3Com a port replicator so that they can
make a product which is compatible with your product?  If so,
please email me (tannenba@engr.wisc.edu) and I'll supply the
name/number of the guy in charge at 3com....

Thanks
Todd