Re: OS/2 Performance and TP75x

> Not being an OS/2 user (yet) and being a relatively new
> Thinkpad user, I have a couple of naive questions:
>  1. Is this something I download from the IBM BBS or do
>     I have to call somewhere and ask for it?  If it's the
>     latter, whom do I call?

You can download OS/2 Perf from IBM NSC BBS if you have a
subscription ($18/month) or from CompuServe.  It's almost
20 disks though so I would advise against this strategy.

It's available on CD-ROM from 1-800-251-2177.  Call soon
because the beta program is supposed to be stopping at the
end of the month.  If you don't have a CD-ROM, this is
probably still the best way to go since it costs ~$15 and,
as long as you can beg, borrow, or cheat a CD-ROM drive for
an hour, you can make the disk images you need to install
it onto your TP.

>  2. Since it's the beta version of os/2 for windows, I
>     presume that I can install this on windows (and cleanly
>     uninstall it if I choose)?

You can indeed install this version over an existing copy of
Windows 3.1.  I don't know about Windows 3.11.  Windows for
Workgroups 3.11 is not supported in the beta version although
IBM claims it will be supported in the final version.

I don't know about the uninstall cleanly (or at least simply).