Re: Some PCMCIA cards hate IBM drivers

> following:  EZPlay detects the presence/absence of my modem card, but
> reports its status as "Not Ready", the card type as "Memory", and nothing
> for card information.

Maybe it's a case of the autoconfigurator not being able to
properly identify the PCMCIA card.  I've never really seen this
but I've only come across a KIT, Smart Modular Tech Modem, and
MHz.  Have you checked your autodrv.ini file?

> I've contacted GVC tech support and they say the IBM drivers are no good,
> while IBM support says the GVC card doesn't follow the PCMCIA standard.
> It's a classic case of vendor support Catch-22.

Well, in this ONE case, I may be inclined to believe IBM since
they have shown quite a lot of discipline in adhering to standards
lately.

> how perfect the plug-and-play is, surely I'm not the only one who's had
> headaches ... ?

No, you're not.  The network card people are still going through
headaches. :)