Re: My ThinkPad and I

On Tue, 24 May 1994, Wim Van Holder wrote:

> Hi there
>

> I'm new to this list. I have a Thinkpad 750C with PC DOS 6.3 and QEMM 7.04
> installed. I use an IBM Crdeit card Token Ring Adapter to connect to our
> network.
>
> I'm facing severe problems with QEMM and DOS's and Windows' power
> mamnagement. I had to remove power.exe in my config.sys and install Windows
> for regular MS-DOS systems instead of "386SL with power management". This
> prevents the pointer from freezing after suspending in Windows.
>
> Hibernation still doesn't work in Windows. It kinda works in DOS, although
> the screen is corrupted when saving to disk and QEMM gives and exception
> error after reloading into memory.
>
> Anybody found a solution to these problems yet ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wim Van Holder                          Tel:   ++32 (0)16/28.57.16
> Katholieke Universiteit Leuven		FAX:   ++32 (0)16/28.57.99
> Faculteit E.T.E.W.
> Dienst Informatica
> Naamsestraat 69
> B-3000 Leuven                   	E-mail:
> BELGIUM                                 fdbaq03@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be

Wim:

I believe your problem may be with QEMM. I also had installed QEMM
on my TP750 Cs and encountered problems. I spent 45 minutes on the
telephone (long-distance) with their technical support. No luck on
solving all the problems. Some were solved, others arose. The technical
people then acknowledged that they have not had good results with their
product and IBM's TP series, and that basically their product was not
compatible with this hardware - not very reassuring.
I've since removed QEMM from my TP and most of the bugs have disappeared.
Windows still seems to create some problems.
Tim Kary                                    twkary@nucleus.com
403-262-7021                                T.Kary@geis.genie.com
403-262-1392 - FAX

Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein