Re: TP750 EPP

> Well, EPP doesn't come in handy unless you have some sort of high
> throughput device on the parallel.  For example, if you are using
> LapLink, you can reach speeds of at least 1mb/s transfer rates using
> the EPP.  Also, the throughput is much higher so that while a
> quadruple speed CD-ROM would exceed a regular parallel port or a
> bidirectional parallel port's throughput, it doesn't come near to
> the EPP.  The Trantor EPP's thoughput is 1mb/s.

I keep telling myself I'm going to purchase laplink but haven't
gotten around to it yet. (Any testimonials?) I assume the 1mb/s
transfer rate is only possible if you have EPP ports on both ends
of the link, right? I would think a plain unidirectional parallel port
on either end would constrain throughput to the speed of that device.

--Bruce