Re: Problems installing Win32s

blam@panix.com (Bernardo Lam) writes:

>I am having problems installing Win32s on my TP-750Cs,  it dies with an
error pointing
>to SHELL.DLL and  INIUP.DLL. I have tried installing without the 750
specific drivers,
>but no luck. It worked fine on my desktop.
>
>Has anyone installed Win32s on the TP750?

Yes, but I encountered the same problem with a hang near the end of the
install.  Never did figure out the cause, but it is possible to work around
the hang by using the DOS 'expand' command to manually decompress the few
remaining  files from the install diskette.  I forget which ones they were,
but it should be sufficient to know that all the files install in
\windows\system\win32s, with the following exceptions:

In \windows\system directory -  w32sys.dll
                                                 win32s16.dll
                                                 winmm16.dll

Also make sure the following line has been added to the [386Enh] section of
your system.ini file:

                device=c:\windows\system\win32s\w32s.386

Hope this helps,

Tim

Tim Vetter      vetter@hookup.net               73 Warren Road
                voice 519-579-9904          Kitchener, Ontario
                fax   519-571-9520           N2M 4T6    Canada