the Scheme Repository moves to a new home

I am pleased to announce that the Scheme Repository is moving to a new
home at Indiana University.

Several years ago, I established the Scheme Repository in order to
make a hodge-podge collection of scheme material available to other
schemers so that they would not have to scrounge around like i had to.
since that time, thanks to the generosity and support of the community,
the repository grew considerably bigger, and became known as the place
to look for up-to-date scheme stuff. it now boasts a large collection
of scheme material including most of the publicly available scheme
implementations, the latest revised report, various proposal documents,
other research reports, code from various scheme books etc.

As the repository grew over the years,  my time dwindled away. Some months
ago, it became obvious that I cannot keep up with it. It is also obvious
that the Scheme community deserves a better organized, better supported
repository. So, I approached some friends at Indiana University for help.
The result is a new home for the Scheme Repository.  [of course they
have no idea what they are getting into :-)]

As of this posting, the Indiana University Scheme Repository is ready as
cs.indiana.edu:pub/scheme-repository. The administrative e-mail address for
the new repository is scheme-repository-request@cs.indiana.edu. The initial
repository transfer and setup is handled by David Eby [deby@cs.indiana.edu]
and later in the year, John Zuckerman [johnz@cs.indiana.edu] will take over
the operation. [watch comp.lang.scheme for more details on the new Scheme
Repository.] The York University repository will remain in a frozen state
and will include a pointer to the new location of the repository. it will
eventually disappear.

It is my hope that the Scheme Community will continue to support the
repository with its contributions. I will certainly do whatever I can.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support.
I owe an extra thanks to Ken Dickey, Kent Dvybig, Marc Feeley, Matthias
Felleisen, Richard O'Keefe, Christian Queinnec [the keeper of INRIA
shadow] and Jonathan Rees for their encouragement and help over the
years.

oz
---
Every idea that costs a lot carries in its train a host of cheap ones;
among these are even some that are useful.	-- Wittgenstein