Re: "DEFLET"?

	Just a short hysterical note: it arose because of the similarities of

	   ((NAMED-LAMBDA (<let-tag> id1 ...) body) val1 ...)
	   and
	   ((NAMED-LAMBDA (name id1 ...) body) val1 ...)

The named form of "let" was also in Chez Scheme for a while, and in a
version of Scheme I wrote before Chez Scheme, called C-Scheme (the C was
for "curry", though C-Scheme was written partly in C.)  It made sense
there because
    (lambda <name> (id ...) exp ...)
was an abbreviation for
    (rec <name> (lambda (id ...) exp ...))
and yes, I called the former the "named form of 'lambda'", and the named
form of "let" was a natural extension.

The named form of "lambda" was shot down by the dot interface, which is
one reason why I moaned and groaned about the dot interface.

Kent