On Modules in Scheme: Principles and Proposals

One feature I do not like about ML's module facility of 1984 is that
mutual recursion is not allowed between objects in different modules.
Without modules, programmers can freely define mutually recursive
objects.  As a principle, it seems to me that the use of modules
should not change this capability.  Jonathan told me his proposal
could be changed to include this capability.  As a result, proposals
based on ML's modules seem to be the leading contenders for modules in
Scheme.
John