Common Lisp

I certainly qualify an no fan of Common Lisp, however, I too would
like to point out a simple argument against gratuitous
incompatibilities with Common Lisp.  Scheme's impact will be limited
if it is very difficult to convert CL code to Scheme, even if many
agree it is a superior language.  The best way to port CL to Scheme is
in an environment that supports both languages.  To me, Scheme would
be an excellent language in which to implement Common Lisp.  A Scheme
implementation of Common Lisp would facilitate the conversion of CL
code by allowing versions the program to be written in a mixture of
both languages.  Let's not make a Scheme implementation of Common Lisp
such a pain that no one will do it.
John