adding more memory to a ThinkPad 760ELD

Howdy to everybody!  A lurker comes out of hiding to ask for advice
concerning adding more memory to his ThinkPad 760ELD.  My 133 MHz,
32MB RAM, RedHat Linux 5.0 computer (I use it at work as well as at
home) is beginning to feel sluggish at times what with XFree 3.3.2,
XEmacs 20.4, Netscape Communicator 4.04, and Ding! 1.0 (a
memory-hungry Java client) all running at the same time.  I don't plan
to replace my ThinkPad for a while, so it's time to add more memory.
My system has 16MB of base memory and a 16MB SO-DIMM in one of the two
memory expansion sockets.  That leaves a second DIMM socket available.
Can I add something bigger than 16MB to the second socket, or do both
DIMMs have to be the same capacity?  If I can add a bigger DIMM,
what's the largest DIMM I could add---32MB or 64MB?  Which chip
manufacturers and vendors would you recommend I order from, or stay
away from?

		John

--
John Interrante, Computer Scientist, Information Technology Laboratory
GE Corporate Research & Development, Niskayuna NY