Re: [TP560] NT 4.0 on the 560, anyone?

I've been running 4.0 on my TP560 (with that amount of memory) for
close to a year now. My only tips:

1) Can't hibernate to an NTFS partition, so you need to either stick
   to FAT, or do what I do and use a separate DOS partition for
   hibernation (there's also some trickery involved with doing this, I
   mentioned on the list earlier).

2) Currently having problems with a 3com LAN+33.6 combo card (modem
   doesn't survive suspend), but I'm working with 3com to resolve
   this. I'm not certain what my chances are, though.

3) Be sure to bring your bios to the current one (many revs back
   couldn't handle the 64MB upgrade).

4) Get all the junk you need to add (drivers & etc) from IBM ahead of
   time, and read all of the doc (some of which looks like a bad
   translation).

5) The standard NT caveats apply.

In general, I'm pretty happy about the combination (and when I'm not,
I dual-boot into Linux and that makes me feel better).

   Peace,
      dNb