TP 770 and Memory problem

Hi,

I am a newbie to this list so bear with me if this question has been
brought up before.

I am a proud new owner of the TP 770.  I have installed a SONY digital
camera utility program (for the DSC-F1) on my machine running WIN95.  When
I shut down the program and hit the START botton I get an error measage
(white screen versus blue screen).

The utility program runs fine on my Gateway 2K 486 and P90 machines.  I
also runs fine on my Dell P133.

I posted this question on a digital camera list. Someone responded that
this sound likes a GPF, memory conflict.  She wrote that this maybe caused
by a "long EMM statement" that IBM wrote trying to squeeze "more
horsepower" out of the TP.

I called the IBM TP support.  The tech said that WIN95 does not use EMM
statements.  He had me check my memory physically - it passed.  His said it
might be the fact that the utility is not unloading correctly (either a
problem with SONY's program or WIN95).

I am not completely satisfied with the tech's answer.  I will try SONY and
Microsoft, however, based on my experience with the other machines (all of
which are inferior in terms of processors speed, RAM, etc...) it seems like
an IBM problem.

So, if anyone has any suggestions please reply - I would like to get this
fixed considering I paid big bucks of my TP 770 (a great machine,
nevertheless, and great tech support).

I quess I could try installing a MS version of WIN95 to see if its IBM's
fault.  Or if someone is willing to download to the utility for SONY's site
(http://www.ita.sel.com/support/imaging/softwareupdates.html) unto their
machine and see if this problem exists on their machine (its easy to
install and uninstall) that would be great and much appreciated.

-Thanks in advance

-WH
Weber Hsiao

University of Wisconsin-Madison