Saga of the Memory

Dear all:

As you may recall, I recently purchased a 750c, and am trying to
   retire my 700 (anyone want to buy it?).
I attempted to take the 8MB DRAM card out of the 700 and to put it
   in the 750c, only to find Error #201 --- complete refusal!

I phoned First Source (where I bought this card in June) and found
   a very sympathetic tech-person.  He assured me that 700 cards should
   work in the 750c --- so he express mailed me a new card.  The new card
   worked great --- no probs.  I simply mailed the old card back to him
   yesterday.  Wonderful service and guarantee.

I still do not know why the first card worked in the 700 and not in the
   750.  Tres strange.

But it does not matter now.

I recommend First Source to you for your future purchases.

SW

P.S.  Now to worry about modems (since the modem I had in the 700 is not
      PCMCIA, and so won't fit in the 750c).......

--
Stanley Wasserman                                 Professor of Psychology,
University of Illinois                               Statistics, and Sociology