Re: Squeezing out memory

Some details that possibly could give you a little more free memory:

Do you use a CD-rom?

If not, use the switch /U for smartdrive; this means that it won't load
cd-rom caching support.

If you don't use any large dos programs, maybe you could do without
smartdrive for dos! If you use 32-bit file access if WfWg 3.11, it has its
own 32-bit caching program (VFAT or VCACHE or something like that). This is
faster than smartdrive, but works only in windows. If you want to keep
smartdrive for dos caching, you could change the wincache to 0.
(The last action won't save any conv. memory, but 128k of high...)
You have got IFSHLP.SYS in your config.sys file, so you are
probably using the VFAT system.
If you don't need sound support in dos, you can leave out tpaudd...
Try various Qemm options like not shadowing bios etc...
I do recall that there was a problem i
with qemm and the audio drivers.. I don't know if it was the audio driver
or the soundblaster emulation program, though...

Did you use the Optimize program in qemm? (Not only usual qemm installation)

Well, I don't know if this was of any help, but if you discover any
tricks yourself, feel free to post them!!!

Good luck,

Erik

Erik Lindahl
Lund Institute of Technology, Lund, Sweden
f91el@efd.lth.se