Re: R5RS ratification [resend]

   Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 16:49:57 -0400
   From: Richard Kelsey <kelsey@research.nj.nec.com>

   I would like to offer my draft of R5RS for ratification by the
   Scheme authors.  The latest version (R4.97RS) is available as

     ftp://ftp.nj.nec.com/pub/kelsey/authors.ps.gz

On page 3 of the report, it says:

  some features are marked as library.  These can be easily
  implemented in terms of the other, primitive, features.  They are
  redundant in the strict sense of the word, but they capture common
  patterns of usage, and are therefore provided as convenient
  abbreviations.

The procedure LIST is marked as a library procedure.  All the
procedures I can think of which might generate NULL are marked as
library procedures.  At least one procedure capable of generating ()
should be non-library.

Dynamic-wind should be a library procedure.  SLIB implements it using
less than 30 lines of R4RS Scheme.

I could check the report more throughly if I didn't have to grep
through postscript (or paper) in order to find occurences of words.
TeX source would be much easier to read.

--
I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT Artificial Intelligence Lab.