Generative record types

   Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 17:48:31 -0500 (CDT)
   From: Shriram Krishnamurthi <shriram@cs.rice.edu>
   This discussion about the exception system -- especially the condition
   datatype portion of it -- and the talk of "multiple inheritance"
   suggests that we should first resolve what the prevailing opinion is
   going to be on generative datatypes.

Sounds like a good idea.  Unfortunately the proposal that you make doesn't
immediately seem very different to me from the `make-record-type' proposal
that we have -almost- agreed to on several previous occasions.  How does
this proposal address the concerns that have caused `make-record-type' to
repeatedly fail to pass?