Proposal for exception handling

   Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 13:40:43 -0400
   From: "Guillermo J. Rozas" <gjr@martigny.ai.mit.edu>

   I'm very much in favor of the creation of new unique types, but I
   don't believe in opaque types at all.  They prevent me from writing
   pretty-printers, debuggers, general parsers, etc.

How would you propose that these programs deal with procedures?
How should the language be changed to assist these programs?

Scheme already has opaque types, namely those synthesized from
procedures.  The only deep difference between procedures and the
various other opaque type proposals is whether instances of a type can
be recognized as such.

Jonathan