Re: GNU Extension Language Plans

Michael,

Thank you for your description of the Stallman's decision making
process.  I think you have greatly enriched people's understanding of
the events taking place at MIT to which we have no access.  I have
been a long time Scheme-48 user and have been very happy with this
implementation.  Consequently, I have not taken the time to study SCM,
and, therefore, cannot say anything about how it compares with
Scheme-48.  I guess we should all know about SCM.

> I don't think I made it seem this way. I simply stated outright that
> this is the case. You apparently did not read my post very carefully
> either.

The point of my posting was to ask you to defend your statement that
RMS has an outdated view of the state of Scheme, and fish for more
information on how SCM fits into the picture, which you did.  I could
have worded my reply better, but it did the job.  Thanks.

John