Re: GNU Extension Language Plans

*   if it is really the case that several good commercial products,
*   a dozen free implementations and a number of good books later, scheme
*   still needs stallman's hacks to gain acceptance, than something
*   is very wrong.

First off, it's partly a question of acceptance to what audience (aka market)?
I believe that the Scheme community has presented it's case pretty well to the
academic community. Stallman brings the case to a wider and larger community of
hackers. The case has yet to be made to the commercial world, despite the
commercial Scheme products.

Secondly, Stallman makes a general case for the use of extension languages. In
this regard he is joining forces with the Tcl community in promoting the
widespread use of standard extension languages for all applications. There has
been some promotion of Scheme as an extension language in the past, but again
Stallman can bring the argument to a wider and larger audience. I do think
that he needs to have a more up to date understanding of Scheme and current
Scheme implementations however.

-Mark