Re: R5RS interpreters need not apply?

> Are the considerations of scheme interpreters no longer relevant to
> the authors?

By "interpreter", I take it you mean something that runs the
input expression directly, rather than preprocessing it into something
lower-level, as is done by many of the implementations such as vscm,
umb-scheme, xscheme, vscm, scheme48, psi, fools etc.

>	  R4RS was implementable in a small, fast program;

It still is.

>							... The
> macro requirement of R5RS is not.

I personally do not believe that this is true.

oz
---
Fancy algorithms are slow when n is small, | electric: oz@sis.yorku.ca
and n is usually small.       -- Rob Pike  | ph:[416] 736 2100 x 33976