Re: Proposal for EVAL

>                                          that to be completely
> consistent with the Macintosh philosophy, LOAD would have to accept no
> arguments, and then it would pop up a dialog box for the user to
> specify the file to load.

    So why is this a reason to do away with LOAD?  I did a Scheme for the
Macintosh in which

        (load <filename>)

loads the file,

        (load)

pops up a dialog box to specify the file, and

        Command-L

(typed on the Macintosh keyboard) also pops up the dialog box.  Command-L
only works when the interpreter is waiting for something to read in the
top-level loop, but (load) would work from within a program, perhaps in
connection with some other emitted message to remind the user of what
is going on.

                                       -- Jay Freeman
                                          freeman@MasPar.COM