Please rename BABY-DOE and agree on an agenda item

>> From: will@cs.uoregon.edu
>> Summary of consensus: the VALUES procedure takes any number of arguments,
>> and simply passes them to its continuation.  A procedure to be named
>> later takes a thunk and a procedure, and calls the thunk with a
>> continuation that, when passed some values, calls the procedure that
>> was the second argument to the procedure to be named later with those
>> values as arguments.  Except for continuations created by the procedure
>> to be named later, all continuations take exactly one value, as now;
>> the effect of passing no value or more than one value to continuations
>> that were not created by the procedure to be named later is unspecified
>> (as indeed it is unspecified now).

This is an excellent summary of the consensus in my opinion.

>> You shouldn't have to worry so much about the wording, since that can
>> be left to whoever edits the R5RS.

Your wording of the consensus sounds like an excellent basis for a
wording of the proposal, however, I agree we should not worry about
the precise wording.  Remember the R5RS editors most likely will
change whatever wording we generate.  I would like to end up with some
agreed upon text that we can put on a meeting agenda.  The text does
not have to be text for R5RS, but can be directions to the editor.
Let BABY-DOE be the name of the procedure which creates continuations
accepting multiple values.  What do you think about this as a meeting
agenda item?

------------------------
The editors are directed to add text to R5RS so as to include the
procedures VALUES and BABY-DOE consistant with the following
definitions.  The VALUES procedure takes any number of arguments, and
simply passes them to its continuation.  The BABY-DOE procedure takes
a thunk and a procedure, and calls the thunk with a continuation that,
when passed some values, calls the procedure that was the second
argument to the BABY-DOE procedure with those values as arguments.
Except for continuations created by the BABY-DOE procedure, all
continuations take exactly one value, as now; the effect of passing no
value or more than one value to continuations that were not created by
the BABY-DOE procedure is unspecified (as indeed it is unspecified
now).

I would like to separate the discussion on multiple values into the
two topics of naming BABY-DOE and agreeing upon the agenda item.  I am
not against using actual R5RS text as the basis for an agenda item.
John