"is an error" -> "is undefined"

>> From: ramsdell@linus.MITRE.ORG
>> If this proposal is not to your liking, please submit a replacement
>> paragraph which is consistant with the notation and terminology of
>> R3.95RS.
>>
>> John

I was wrong to be so restrictive.  Kent M Pitman is right about the
alternative possibility of you proposing new notation and terminology
to cover this case.  That is, maybe by replacing the phrase "is an
error" with "is undefined", and adding the appropriate definition of
"is undefined", we will have a proposal acceptable to all.

John