R3.99RS issues (else)

   Date: Tue, 08 Aug 89 17:19:50 PDT
   From: Pavel.pa@xerox.com

   Defining ``else'' to be #t in not sufficient to allow users to use the
   ``else'' keyword in case-expressions, since that position in the form is
   not evaluated.

As was discussed earlier in private mail, ELSE does not have to be a syntactic
keyword for its use in CASE.  I advocated removing ELSE as a syntactic keyword,
which only effects COND.  In my opinion, it would have been semantically
cleaner if the matching expressions in case were in an evaluated context, but
this is another issue and one which I am sure will never change for historic
reasons, if none other.

Morry Katz
katz@polya.stanford.edu