Requested changes to R4RS

   Date: Tue, 23 May 89 16:25:28 edt
   From: Chris Hanson <cph@kleph.ai.mit.edu>

   The following is a list of changes to the R4RS, which are being
   requested by the IEEE Working Group on Scheme.  It would be
   appreciated if the changes could be implemented, or appropriate
   comments generated, in time for the July 7 meeting of the Working
   Group.

   I'm not sure how such things can be decided over the net, but given
   that these changes are believed to be non-controversial, perhaps we
   could take an informal vote after suitable discussion.

   * We request that `list-ref' and `list-tail' have their status changed
   from inessential to essential.

I continue to believe that these functions should be scrapped from the
language altogether.  As a result, I would be opposed to them getting an
upgrade in status.
					Morry Katz
					katz@polya.stanford.edu