Comments on the draft standard

    On the other hand, I now agree that read/write shouldn't return #f or
    #t.  The problem is, I really don't want to have to be killed (an
    error is signalled...) when a read/write fails.  I believe that the
    best solution would be to add a third optinal argument to everything
    that takes a port, the argument being of the form

Hopefully a condition/error handling subsystem will be added to a
future version of the standard.  In the meantime condition handling is
implementation dependent.

As far as WRITE is concerned, I think it should handle all kinds of
objects, and signal no errors of this kind.