truth of '()

   Date: Wed, 1 Feb 89 17:32 EST
   From: Alan Bawden <Alan@AI.AI.MIT.EDU>

   1.  I don't have any problem with leaving the boolean significance of ()
       unspecified.

Clarification: the Revised^3 Report (section 6.1) does not leave the
boolean significance of () unspecified; it says explicitly that ()
must be treated as false.  It was proposed last July (item 4.25 of
"Proposals for a Revised^4 Scheme Report") that this be relaxed so
that () could be treated as either true or false.  We ran out of time
before we could get around to considering this item.  That is why I
brought it up again.