macros

Multiple returns and optional arguments are interesting
to discuss, but everybody uses macros.  It seems to me
that an agreement on macros is much more important.  JAR's
proposal appears to satisfy most needs for macros.  At first
I worried about the added complexity of specifying macros, but
now I think that its good to discourage its use by making it
hairy.  Do I understand the lack of discussion to mean that
there are no objections to JAR's proposal?  If so, let's adopt
it and move on.
John