Re: backquote proposal

I like the proposed backquote change, especially since it will
allow source pretty-printers to print the original source more
accurately.

However, I do not like the use of "special objects" as special
form keywords, and would prefer to use ordinary identifier names
instead.

The reason is that, at least in my implementation, #! objects are
not symbols, and special form keywords are.  I would very much
like to retain this property, for selfish reasons and because I
think it helps anyone writing program-manipulating programs to
know that special forms always begin with a symbol.

Also, it would not make sense that backquote special forms are
written with the #! if the quote special form is not.

Therefore, I propose that we use the special forms quasiquote,
unquote, and unquote-splice, dropping the #!.

Kent