[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: SCHEME @ MIT-MC
- Subject: MIN/MAX, DO/RETURN
- From: Kent M Pitman <KMP @ MIT-MC>
- Date: 8 December 1984 18:55-EST
- References: Msg of 6 Dec 1984 22:02-EST from Kent M Pitman <KMP@MIT-MC.ARPA>
Jonathan Rees had a good points about a couple of my earlier remarks...
* Making MIN/MAX return smallest/largest representable number would
be infeasible in implementions with bigfloats or bignums. I should
have thought of that. (I must have been thinking too hard about
the flonum case; sorry.) I'll withdraw that suggestion.
* Making DO bind RETURN would have been a bad idea since it would "wire"
the name RETURN. I withdraw my disparaging remarks about its not binding