RE: building information (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:22:35 -0500
From: Greg Knight <GKnight@PLANT.MIT.EDU>
To: 'Andreas F Wehowsky' <andreasw@mit.edu>
Cc: Maryla Walters <MWalters@PLANT.MIT.EDU>
Subject: RE: building information

Andreas,

Here are the answers to your questions.

1a. At this time, there isn't a script or report on the space accounting web
page that returns distinct floors for each or every building.  I ran a
custom query/report against the db to retrieve this information. I'm
attaching a spreadsheet with that information here.

1b. Building height from grade is available on the space accounting website.
(http://insite.mit.edu/cgi-bin/cgi-bin-db-mit/wdbmitindexscript?ibdb+MIT).
This may not be convenient for your work however.  If it would be easier for
me to send you a single spreadsheet with this information let me know - its
readily done.  You'll also note that some buildings don't have heights.  In
those cases, you'll have to refer to our archives of record construction
documents.  Maryla Walters (our archivist - cc'd here for info) can help you
with this. We should take advantage of this data collection effort and make
note of these missing heights and record them in the database for use in the
future.

1c./2. Building floor elevations (height above sea level) are not recorded
in our database. Some of this information is captured in topographical
surveys that we have of campus.  Not all areas of campus have been surveyed,
so again, the information here is not complete.

3. In the course of developing composite floorplans of campus we have
captured building insertion and rotation parameters.  At this point, the
information isn't in the database, but stored a spreadsheet.  I can make
this available to you as well if you'd like.

Hope this helps. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Greg

Greg Knight
Manager, Drawing Information Systems
MIT,  Department of Facilities