Re: FRSTN (fast response super twisted nematic) screens

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:36:12 -0600, you wrote:
>I've recently seen some TPs with this type of screen showing up as refurbs.
> I have never heard of this technology.  Can somebody shed some light on it
>for me?
	Just one of the many new euphemisms for dual scan displays. Now
that buyers are wising up to things like display and processor types,
makers are learning how to put some spin on terminology to throw
newbies off. "Fast-response," "High Contrast Addressing" and so on are
the new catch-phrases for DSTNs nowadays. While some of the displays
are better than previous duals, they still don't compare to TFT.
	epbrown
Stop by the Portable Computing Center for reviews,
editorials, and the FAQ on laptop computers.
http://www.enteract.com/~epbrown