ActiveX and ThinkPads

I belive that the thread is using the wrong names for some of MS technologies. ActiveX is  the latest version of "OLE" essentially, and will work on any machine, so long as you are using ActiveX enabled programes, like MS Internet Explorer 3.x, Office 97, etc.

DirectX is the technologies Windows95 and WindowsNT 4.0 use for direct hardware access, mainly for games.... Thant being said most of the current ThinkPads support DirectX drivers, but my require a driver or bios update. I own a ThinkPad 701CS and have had no troubles installing DirectX 2.0, and am later installing DirectX 3.0 support.