Stranded without boot floppy?

My floppy drive for my TP701c got misplaced, so I ordered one from IBM
but they don't expect one in until after 1997.

In the meantime, I need a way to restore the MBR on the hard drive to get
my papers off ASAP (the ones I had not yet backed up onto ZIP) I was
using LILO on the MBR and foolishly tried to uninstall it, now the
internal HD won't boot.

Does anyone out there know of a way to restore the MBR of the HD without
a floppy drive? Can anyone out there loan or sell me a floppy drive before
1997? Is there a way to fix the HD from the CMOS? Is there any other way
of booting the TP701c to fix a HD with a bad MBR w/o using a floppy
drive? Any help or clues welcome.

=======
Stephen Mosley
541-737-4514